Thursday, April 21, 2016

What's New And Exciting!


I do tend to go on and on about the state of the global economy and financial markets and portfolio management. I hope that it makes some sense to all of you who honour me by taking the time out of your valuable day to read the words that I write here and view the charts that I present (and perhaps enjoy whatever humour I can bring, or not).

I eat, drink and breathe this stuff (some might respond with the phrase: "get a life"), but this is, in fact, my life.  Those who do put their faith in me / us (because I do not do this alone) to guide them through the minefield that is wealth management are, for the most part, quite appreciative of this guidance.

 One of the scariest parts of the whole wealth management process (because it is more than just getting decent returns on your portfolio, although I do not want to detract from the importance of growth) is the planning process.

It is not a simple task to gather up all of your very personal and private financial data and present it to someone who you don't necessarily know so well. It is certainly a human emotion to fear their judgment. Fortunately, I have had the privilege to work with some wonderful families over the past number (15 or so) of years who did, way back when, check their fears and test the waters and found them somewhat less scary after all. 

The fact that almost all of them are still putting trust in me to guide their financial livelihood is a great compliment. An even greater compliment is the referrals that they, from time to time, send my way. I get to meet some wonderful people in this business. A good number of these folks, after so many years, have become good friends.

Since my former business partner and I agreed (to disagree and...) to go separate ways (another story coming your way soon, for those of you who may be interested), I have literally received hundreds of calls from those with whom I was no longer permitted to work with.

What is exciting (for me anyway) is that the time is slowly approaching when my handcuffs will become unlocked, I will no longer be in "exile" and there will be an opportunity to look after (guide, assist) all of the wonderful people I was able to meet during that phase of my career. 

And when I say "look after", I mean that in the truest sense. We do not take on new (or former clients) just to shuffle you in, invest your money and rarely, if ever, hear from me again. It is one of the many aspects of High Rock that makes us different and better: Fiduciary Duty which is more than a simple "standard of care".

I can't wait to get you all (those of you who will still have me, of course) back into my life!

So stay tuned.

Your feedback is always welcome: scott@highrockcapital.ca

and

If you would like to receive this blog directly to your inbox, please email: bianca@highrockcapital.ca


No comments: