Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Just Trying to Make A Positive Difference In This World...One Day At A Time !


When I first (reluctantly) signed up for Facebook (at the behest of my children), some 10 years or so ago, it was basically for sharing family photos.

It asked me a bunch of questions for the "Details About You" section of my bio:


"just trying to make a positive difference in this world...one day at a time" is what I wrote. 

That pretty much sums it up and is what keeps me engaged from one day to the next: my family, my friends and my clients and anyone else who wants to enter my small circle in a positive way.

After I wrote my blog last Friday about the difference between what we do at High Rock and what the other 97% do and why we believe in being bound to a legal fiduciary responsibility to our clients, I posted it on another social media network, Linkedin.

And received this response:

Scott, There is not a single day where I don't feel the safety you are proving enables me to look forward. I am in a way ecstatic I am one of the fortunate few who has a discretionary portfolio manager looking after my family wealth, but then can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate the fact that my discretionary portfolio manager in particular is recognized by the SIPA as being a "new breed". I remember you and I discussing how there was a net new market forming where those who know the are being fleeced by the 97% of the industry will want a different service. I also remember your vision about building a brand that was based on doing the right thing, doing right by your clients every time and always, always put them first. Many others commented you could not scale, be profitable or that it would be impossible to manage - well, they were wrong, and you were right... And all of us who trust you with our family wealth KNOW IT! Thanks again! Marco

It makes what I do all that much more rewarding!
I love my job!

No comments: